Where do you think femininity comes from? Is it something you wear? How you dress? Your makeup? Or just simply how you feel about yourself?
I have talked about femininity before and one of the key notes that I always come back to is that femininity is absolutely tied to how you feel about yourself Femininity is in fact a feeling that is transferred from you to whoever you are around. I know that no matter what it is that I am wearing if I feel amazingly confident and happy with myself that is what I project. Now, if I am wearing something that makes me feel better about myself because I’ve looked in the mirror and really like what I see, then I am more likely to feel feminine or classy – and here’s the absolute best part, it is a strength and power if we learn how to harness it.
So, with that being said, is it possible to feel really feminine when you are dressed more casually say in jeans or something completely casual? I say absolutely YES! For me, when I find a fantastic pair of jeans that fits my curves, that are comfortable and also that look amazing, I am going add a fabulous top and make that whole outfit just rock! By adding a nice blouse like I am wearing in this post, it dresses up the jeans a little more, but still has a casual, fun vibe.
I am always open to trying new styles and stores, so when I was sent this pair of jeans from Dress Barn and they even offered to customize them for me, I jumped at the chance to give them a try. Here is my honest feedback and review on what I liked about them…
- I have been loving the boot cut style (bringing it back again) because they are different from what a lot of other people are wearing.
- The denim fabric is really soft, stretchy and comfortable, which means that even if you’re not a fan of regular denim that can sometimes be harsh on the skin and not very flexible for sitting, you will love how these jeans feel.
- They are very affordable, which means that you don’t have to limit yourself to just one pair that you might have to if you were buying some of the more expensive designer jeans.
- They have a variety of different cuts and colors, so you can find exactly the style and color that works best for you – all with the same great fit that accentuates all your greatest features.
- Even though they are boot cut they are fitted, and they allow me to feel sexy, feminine and dress them up or down depending on what I am doing. I recently wore them when I was traveling with a pair of mid heel booties, and they were perfect. Just the right amount of stretch and comfort for long periods of sitting.
No matter where you decide to get your jeans from, make sure that they are comfortable. There is nothing worse than a pair of jeans that makes you look great but you can hardly breathe and you couldn’t even entertain the idea of eating at all. For summer there are so many more jean & denim options, so have fun. Try some, wear them with a nice blouse, add some cool shoes, dress them up or down and see how you feel. When you exude femininity, which is ultimately where real femininity comes from, what you’re wearing will never take away from that. So I do believe that you can absolutely feel and look amazingly feminine when you are dressed casually and in jeans!
Have you ever had a day when you have woken up and you don’t feel great, for some reason you have a lack of energy, and you just don’t want to dress up at all. I usually have about one day every other week where I experience a little demotivation around putting forth an effort on my appearance, or I just don’t care. I have found that on those days, when I really push myself to make an effort, at some point during the day my mood starts to match my effort. I have always felt like as Women we should use our outfits to express how we feel about ourselves, and sometimes to help us feel on the inside how we look on the outside.
You’ll have to let me know if this has ever worked for you like it does for me!
I have linked some great jeans below – just click the links to shop!