Are you anything like me where you LOVE to have a wide variety of sunnies, for different outfits, occasions or moods?
Are you a little more conservative and stick to the same style all the time?
Or, are you not sure what style of sunglasses works for you so you just buy a pair and hope for the best?
No matter which of these categories you fall into, there’s something to be learned about sunnies, where to shop them, how to wear them or which ones will work for the shape of your face…so READ ON!
First, let me start by saying that I don’t believe that there is only one style of sunglasses that will work for any one person, in fact, with all the different styles, shapes and colors, we all have the ability to create a wide variety of looks…
I have a strong, square jaw…and an oval face which means I can wear larger frames. I love sunglasses that cover a lot of my face, I like to really stand out…but what works for you? The first thing I would say is don’t wear something that doesn’t make you feel great. But, if you want to explore sunglasses shapes and styles, here are a few ideas:
- I have found that Sunglasses Hut actually allows you to shop by the shape of your fact (just click here) – this is a great way to find out what you’re looking for before you go out and try on EVERY SINGLE PAIR 😉 – just click here
- I always check out Nordstrom Rack for Designer sale sunglasses (they seem to have new ones all the time and a big selection most times of the year) – that way I can get an amazing pair without having to pay full price (unless of course you want to pay full price).
- Even though I love larger shapes, there are definitely some that are TOO LARGE for me. A good rule of thumb is that if they are wider than your face, then they’re definitely too big.
- Create a contrast with the sunglasses for your face shape. If you have a round face, steer away from round sunglasses, and so on.
- Aviators work with most shapes of faces…and bonus – I have never known a time when you can’t buy a pair of Aviators because they are always “in”.
- Not sure what shape of face you have? That’s OK…take a friend with you to give feedback as you try on various pairs.
There are a few styles and shapes that I love to have, but that doesn’t mean I am not willing to try new ones when I see them in stores. I buy a wide range of expensive designer ones (which I like to find at a bargain) and then some cheaper pairs that usually end up getting hammered because I just throw them around…it’s perfect for those that you know you will get bored of, or they will go out of style.
For this summer, here are some styles I am wearing…you can click the link below each picture to shop: