There are so many definitions for success – for some it could mean being happy in whatever it is that you do. For others it is tied to income or status, or even it could mean helping others. Whatever your definition is, there is one thing that is absolutely vital in order to achieve your level of success. You need to surround yourself and associate with people that think the same way as you do, because when you spend a lot of time with people, you start to emulate their characteristics – so pick the ones that think like you do, that have similar goals and most importantly, people that will lift you up rather tear you down or drain your energy!
As you know, I have changed the career that I had for 20 years, so things have definitely changed to say the least!
Here are some key things that I use in my life to stay motivated and feel successful:
- One thing that is a constant for me is that I get up every morning, get dressed (nicely) and go to my office. It’s not that I couldn’t work from our home office, but I have found for ME, I like the dressing up and going out part…
- I have found that the more passionate I am about something the more likely I am to put forth the most amount of effort into making it successful – so loving what I do every day is vital. Even when I am doing tasks I may not like, I tell myself I am doing it BECAUSE…and that because could be something as simple as “I want to feel proud of myself” or “I want to have the money to travel” etc…
- I am not afraid to try new things or take risks – it is sometimes easy to talk yourself out of something because it is not comfortable or scary. You will not always get the results you want, but you certainly won’t grow unless you try new things and take risks. This is one that is very real for me right now – with the launch of my video podcast, things are definitely uncertain but HEY! I’m going with it 😉
- I have 100% confidence in myself that I will be successful. If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will believe in you. It doesn’t mean that every time you are going to get the result immediately that you want, but it does mean that sometimes you take a different path and find success in other ways.
- I always make sure that I take care of myself. I have a busy life with a career, kids and volunteer work, but I always make sure that my cup is always at least partly full because if it isn’t, I can’t be there for anyone else. Self care and vacations are two very important things for me and, you can just ask anyone that knows me – especially about the vacations, I don’t ever sacrifice them!
- Finally, I take my relationships in business and my personal life very seriously – I am extremely grateful for everyone that I have and make myself available as much as possible to ensure that I continue to foster those relationships!
Mornings are hectic in my house as I am sure they are in yours, so taking the time on appearance, or spending time to make sure you are presenting yourself in the best way is something that can be neglected or at least not a priority. I don’t think that I can say this enough – the better you feel about yourself, the better people are going to feel about you. It doesn’t mean that you have to wear a ton of makeup, dress to the nines every day, but it does mean that you need to feel good about however you look. Holding your head high when you walk into a room can change the entire dynamic of a situation…
Today’s outfit is one that makes me smile – makes me feel sassy (which I love to feel) and most importantly makes me hold my head high knowing that I feel good about myself…after all, when we love ourselves and feel good…that’s what others see!
Shop my look by clicking the links below…PS – I found the red pants and they’re ON SALE!!!