One of the easiest ways to put together an outfit is to find unique pieces that express your style and personality. Take the outfit I am wearing, it is a simple skirt with a fun statement bow, a simple short sleeved sweater and some funky earrings. It’s simple, yet I feel like it is really noticeable because I chose a few statement pieces.
So the question is, how do you find things that match your personality? It can definitely be something that requires a little thought and inspiration if it’s not something you are comfortable with. Here are a few things that may help you figure out how to create your own unique style personality:
1. Find things that you are drawn to. If you love a certain color – then use that color to create your look. If you love a certain style and you find yourself drawn to it, why not try it on for size.
2. There are so many styles that I love, but I know from the experience of trying them on that they don’t all look good on me. So, I allow myself to try things, and see how they make me feel – obviously the goal is to feel good AND look good.
3. Remember that your size doesn’t have to determine that you have style. When you have confidence, everything else just seems to work out! When we walk with our heads held high, absolutely believing that we are worthy and strong, that’s what gives defines us. Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in worrying what size something is, but honestly no one can see the size label on the inside of your clothes, so why worry about it?
4. Make sure you have plenty of accessories. These are the things that can make or break an outfit…so make sure you have plenty to choose from.
5. I have always trusted myself. When I have a feeling that something is right for me, my instincts haven’t steered me wrong. When you have confidence and believe that you are amazing, listening to yourself becomes easier and easier the more you practice it.
The best thing about any style is that it is always a moving target. Your style isn’t going to remain the same forever, in fact, it changes all the time…
Sometimes finding your style and refining it can be intimidating, so the first thing to do is recognize that you want to make a change or you need help. Asking for help from a friend or seeking inspiration from magazines or blogs is not a shameful thing, in fact, everyone does it. I am always looking for new ideas, researching trends to see what I do and do not like, because I know I don’t know it all.
If you are looking to change your style completely or just seeking a few ideas, I hope that you found something useful in today’s post.
My amazing skirt was sold out, but I have linked some similar ones as well as the sweater and some earrings…just click the links below to shop my look.