“Happiness always looks small when you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn how big and precious it is!”
I love it when I get the opportunity to talk a little about myself, because there are probably some things that a lot of you may not know about me…
I was challenged by a friend on Instagram @the_thread_edit to provide some facts about me…so here goes:
- I am ashamedly afraid of heights. I freak out when my kids get too close to the edge of something high, it causes a reaction in me that I can’t even explain. I took them on the ferris wheel at Lagoon (a local amusement park). It was about 5 years ago and my youngest was about 6 years old. The older boys thought it would be funny to rock the carriage when we were stopped at the top. Let’s just say that I didn’t find it funny and by the time I was back on the ground I almost kissed it.
- I love football (soccer) so much that I get up early for every Manchester United game (even if they are at 5am). I love it so much and take it so seriously that I have been known to fight with men who decided that it would be funny to think I didn’t know what I was talking about when it came to football. Needless to say they KNEW by the end of the fight that I DID 😉
- I have 4 boys, no girls. I have had a kid attending our local elementary school for 18 years (my oldest is 23 and my youngest is 11).
- I am an avid reader – I find it really relaxing. I love how my imagination is piqued. I typically read about crime and murder – in fact I read as much as possible about serial killers and how their minds work. I find the human mind so interesting and love to find out what makes them tick.
- I believe in a fairytale romance. Not the kind that Disney movies are made of, but more the kind where you love the other person so much that you work really hard no matter how many bumps in the road you get. I love how Brandon has taught me the art of romance (he is way more romantic than I am, but I am learning).
I think we all have an amazing story, we come from different backgrounds, lifestyles and families. I have found that I love to learn about people, understand them because it makes people become more relatable…which is why I was excited to tell you a little about me.
This is only scratching the surface, but hopefully this might make me seem more real and normal and hopefully you will want to read more and more about me.