“You will never influence the world by being just like it!”
OK, so we may be into the New Year but that doesn’t mean that your party or fun styles have to be retired to your wardrobe. In fact, what a great way to move into a New Year by keeping your style fresh, funky, versatile and most importantly YOU!
This post may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
There are lots of style that people wear for business or work that you wouldn’t want to be seen wearing if you had a dinner or get together right after work, but I’m happy to tell you that’s its not too hard to create a look that works for both!
Today’s post is one of those outfits. It is a simple dress, but by adding some sparkly tights, and a fun faux fur jacket, it makes it a more non-traditional work style that you wouldn’t mind being seen wearing after work in a restaurant or wherever you might be going.
I have never been a big fan of conforming to any traditional style – I much prefer to tailor it to my personality…it is what makes me who I am! The greatest thing about styles and what we wear is that it can announce us before we even speak. If you’re someone with a big personality wouldn’t you want what you wear to say that about you. You might even be someone that is kind of shy but doesn’t want to be…so why not let your clothes and outfits do the talking?
Still unsure about what really expresses who you are? Then here are a few ideas that might help you…
- Ask yourself – do I want to be noticed or fly under the radar?
- If the answer is yes, then you would want to wear “louder” more colorful clothes, whereas if you prefer to not be noticed, sticking with muted or traditional styles and colors are going to be where you want to live.
- Are you confident about your body and how you look?
- If the answer is yes, wearing form fitting, bold styles and colors are going to make you feel great about yourself. If you answered no, then wearing styles that accentuate your body are not going to be where you want to go (wearing a skirt that is tight around your stomach if you are conscious of that area is only going to make you feel uncomfortable and insecure).
- Are you worried about how others are going to look at you?
- The most confident people know that when they wear certain things they are going to attract attention (not always good because there are always going to be people that are going to judge you), but they are OK with that. They know how they feel about how they look and that is enough for them. Therefore, if you are still not confident enough in yourself to wear those things you like without worrying about others, then you probably ought to stick to less outrageous outfits until you sidebar what others think!
- When you get dressed, who are you dressing for?
- This is probably one of the most important questions you can ask yourself. All too often I see people dressing for how they think their friends, their spouse or their boss might want them to. There is a huge problem in this because we are not being true to ourselves. I have always marched to the beat of my own drum, but I do see very often people not knowing how to dress and buying things because they think it is something that someone else would like. Confidence comes from knowing who we are, and not being afraid to show that…
The best gift you can give yourself is the gift of allowing you to be you!
You can shop items similar to my outfit by clicking the links below…