“A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles!”
Don’t get me wrong, I am so thankful for so much more than material things, but I didn’t want to bore you with my gushing about what an amazing family I have, and how much I love my life – oops! I guess I did it anyway 😉
Somehow the Holidays have been overshadowed by deals, shopping, and spending money…so here’s how I still manage to feel gratitude for the most important things in my life, spend time playing games, laughing, watching movies, hanging out and sometimes arguing. I focus only on necessary things and plan out the things I really want or need to buy, and buy them online (whilst still spending time and enjoying my family’s company).
Thanksgiving is a time for family, so rushing out to the stores in the middle of the night (or even now on Thanksgiving Day) is not something I am willing to trade for that time together. I have always been a bit of a problem-solver, so that’s why I came up with my strategy. I remember the days when I used to check out the newspaper for where were going to have the best Black Friday deals, I clipped coupons, I even strategized the best route to drive so that I would hit the most important stores first. While it was fun spending time with my cousins and doing lots of Christmas shopping, I am definitely not motivated enough to do that anymore.
I still do the research before I plan what I’m going to buy, so I thought I would make it easy for you and you can shop directly from some links below that I think have great Black Friday deals…honestly, I wish the internet was more popular back then so I could have just found everything I needed in one article 🙂
- ASOS // Black Friday Weekend- 30% off Everything – CODE: EPIC30 (11/22 – 11/28)
- BB DAKOTA // We All Scream for 50% Off Black Friday (11/24)
- CLAIRE’S ICING // Cyber Monday Preview 50% Off Almost Everything CODE: PRECM (11/24 – 11/27)
- EGO SHOES // Up to 50% off with different deals launching everyday, for 8 days CODE: EDIT50 (11/24 – 11/25)
- HUDSON WAY // The Black Friday Sale at Shop Hudson Way starts now – 50% off all regular priced purchases including new arrivals! CODE: BLACKFRIDAY (11/23 – 11/27)
- KIEHL’S // $20 Off $65+ CODE: JINGLE (11/10 – 11/30)
- MISSGUIDED // Own the night with the new season party collection from Missguided and get 50% off all dresses (excluding sale and CarliBybel items) using code DRESSYBABE in the US and DRESSLOVE in the UK CODE: DRESSYBABE (11/20 – 11/27)
- NORDSTROM // Cyber Monday at NORDSTROM! Extra 20% OFF selected sale items. FREE shipping. FREE returns. (11/22 – 11/27)
- RADLEY //Launch Up to 50% off Black Friday event (11/17 – 11/27)
- SAM EDELMAN //30% off Sitewide + Free Expedited Shipping CODE: SAMSGIVING (11/24 – 11/25)
- SHUTTERFLY // 50% off Hardcover Photo Books and 40% off Everything Else (11/24 – 11/26)
- TORY BURCH //Take 30% off $250 including sale styles CODE: THANKS (11/21 – 11/27)
- URBAN OUTFITTERS EU // Black Friday weekend – Up to 50% off (11/23 – 11/26)
It’s easy to get caught up in planning the meal for Thanksgiving day, but don’t forget why we celebrate that day and take just a few moments to really contemplate what you are grateful for this year. There are many things we can be grateful for…and we should also be part of that gratitude. I am thankful that I have learned some lessons this year (even if they were hard), I am grateful that I am stronger because of those lessons, and most importantly I love who I have become!!
Happy Thanksgiving week to you – I can’t guarantee I won’t gush more this week LOL