“Nothing can dim the light that shines from within!”
Whether you know me personally or if you know me from reading my blog, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter posts, you probably already know by now that I am a very focused and driven woman. I march to the beat of my own drum, I like to get my own way (and I don’t mean the kind of person that stomps their feet if they don’t get their own way, but someone that busts her butt until things work out how I want them or at least close to!), I make a goal and whether I get to that goal in a direct route or if I have to take a few detours, I ALWAYS get there!
A lot of you may or may not know what being a blogger entails. Here’s how my life looks and how I am learning along the way…
- I am a mother of 4 amazing boys that bring me a lot of joy but also require that even when I’m home I’m “on my game!”
- I support all my boys in their sports and other activities, and show up to all their performances, games and events not because I HAVE to but because I wouldn’t miss them for the world.
- I work full time in a Sales Organization and have been a top performer for around 15 years, and it is a very demanding, self motivated and stressful career.
- I maintain friendships and relationships with people that are important to me, and they are most definitely a priority in my life.
- I am happily married and work on my relationship with my husband all the time (because let’s face it, in real life, marriage is hard but also soooo worth it!)
- I write a minimum of 5 blog posts each week, promote them through social media, and learn new ways to grow my following and provide value to people that are interested in what I have to say.
- I face daily challenges and obstacles that while they have helped me grow, I am determined to not them define me!
I know that my no means am I alone in what I have going on in my life, and I am certainly not super-human, but what I can tell you is that no matter what I do, I always give it 100%. I love being successful and I am such a determined and motivated person that knows I am in control of my own life and that nothing or nobody else can decide how successful, happy and peaceful my life is! I constantly strive to improve myself, and most importantly to not take myself too seriously.
There are definitely things I wish I would have known in advance about writing a blog, and about social media, and of course I am still learning a lot of that stuff. I didn’t even realize the things I didn’t know until I got in and started doing it, but here’s the key…even when I found out that I didn’t know a lot of stuff, I didn’t let it deter me, I just kept, trying new directions, shifting focus and most importantly…I DIDN’T STOP!! Here’s my thought about anything in life – if you want it badly enough, you just find a way to get it done. You don’t let setbacks, challenges, disappointments or other people prevent you from achieving your dream…
When I started my blog I started it with the plan to make it not just about fashion and style but more about helping other Women in particular see the value that comes from having confidence in themselves that can come from feeling good about how they look. I definitely write about other things too (I see value in many other topics) but there is definitely an overall theme to what I write that should bring you back to feeling great about who you are…
As my blog has grown, I have definitely learned a lot of things, and I have definitely done some things wrong. I don’t expect to be perfect, but what I do want to do is be improving and the only way to do that is to keep learning, trying new things and finally, by asking for feedback? Who of you out there is willing to give me some feedback about if you have found value in what I have been doing and if there are some things you would like to see more of?
Whether you are someone just looking for style tips and ideas, or if you are reading this to find out about how you can boost your confidence and make the most of your appearance and use that to translate it to success, you are in the right place. I may not wear something every day that has you thinking that you want to rush out and buy it – and that’s the point…I am ME, and you are you! We all need to be who we are, but sometimes we just need a little inspiration. There are very few original ideas in this world, but sometimes we don’t hear things or see things until we are ready to use those things. For example, I have heard advice from people over the years, and it’s not until I am ready to take that advice that I really HEAR it…
Are YOU ready to hear advice or support that may help you?