“She loved life and it loved her right back!”
We all have certain colors that we are more drawn to than others, so what do we do when we see new styles or trends that tell us to wear something that is not exactly in tune with what we like? It seems like everyone is telling what we should and shouldn’t like…so how do we decide what is best for US? Do we just wear what the fashion magazines and stores tell us?
I don’t think anyone should do something that is something that doesn’t make them feel the best possible way about themselves…so here are my top 5 reasons you should wear colors that make you feel good:
- We may not realize, but our energy (both positive and negative) can be directly correlated to what colors we like. If our favorite color is Red for example, then we are going to feel great when we are wearing Red! So it stands to reason that if you want to feel positive about life, yourself, and what is happening around you, then you should wear the colors that evoke a positive response within you!
- It is also true that while colors can cause certain feelings and experiences within you, they can also do the same in others. Red is a very strong, confident color…but it can also be intimidating to others. So while it is important to wear those colors you are in tune with, you also need to consider different shades within your favorite colors, so as not to cause adverse reactions in others. Essentially, know your audience – and if you are dealing with someone that is not going to like you to be too bold or overbearing, then you shouldn’t wear a color similar to the Red dress in this post (darker or more muted Red tones are more appropriate in this case).
- It is important to get feedback from others when you try new styles or colors, but bear in mind their opinions may be more in tune with what they like than what is going to make you feel good. You may have one friend that loves Green so when you try something Green she is going to think it’s amazing, but it may not feel the same way to you.
- For each season you are going to see different shades of colors, so if you want to feel like you are still “in style” for the current season, you can try different shades of your favorite colors. Yellow is a great example, for summer and spring it is bright and bold but for fall and winter, you will see more mustard colors…they are still Yellow but they work differently at different times of the year.
- Finally, fall in love with your favorite colors. Red is absolutely my favorite color, and whenever I am shopping I am innately drawn to that color. After wearing it, I recognize that it is my power color and I pull it out when I need to feel strong and confident. I am in tune with what works for me and makes me feel good…so fall in love with what you love and you can use that to help you feel amazing and confident when you are wearing something you love too!
Choosing colors doesn’t have to be a hard thing – these simple steps can really help you find colors that work for you and make you feel good…
Look for colors no matter where you go and you will start to see them – in nature, in people, and as you see you them you will start to notice what makes you feel good – that’s what you need to go with!
Shop my outfit by clicking the links below!