“I’m not one in a million type of girl, I’m a once in a lifetime type of Woman!”
Every woman who is interested in fashion will have noticed the lack of pockets in all their clothes. Coats have pocket outlines, but often the pockets themselves are sewn shut. Jeans often have pocket outlines, but again, the pockets are just for decoration and not for practical use. The fashion industry is extremely smart, as their lack of pocket design means that they get to sell more beautiful handbags and we all know how much we girls love our handbags.
Over the shoulder, across the body, clutch, on the back – you name it, it’s on the shelves. Handbags dominate the accessories portion of the shops, alongside coin purses and functional wallets such as the Bricraft RFID zipper wallet, which not only carries cards and cash but protects you from ID fraud. Women love their accessories and the fashion bigwigs know this and in a way, take advantage of it. No pockets tends to mean that you now have to buy a bag and a purse – oh what a shame that is! Justifying the cost of a new designer handbag may seem like a big deal, but don’t worry. We get it. We understand that there are good reasons for investing so, check out our top five reasons that you should absolutely buy that gorgeous bag!
- It’ll Last. A designer handbag often costs a lot of money and there’s always a good reason. You’re paying for quality material and quality workmanship and you won’t necessarily need to buy another bag for a fairly long time. Unless, you know, you want to.
- Sales. Most designer handbags go on sale through the year and let’s be honest, who hasn’t looked at a handbag sale, seen them for half the cost and invested? Yeah, us too.
- Impressions. First impressions are important and if you’re buying a designer handbag so that you can replace a shabby looking one, then it’s worth it. Dressing to impress counts for something, especially in the workplace, and if you have a beautifully supple leather handbag on your arm, you’re going to do just that.
- Style. Having style is important when you are someone who wants to keep up with current trends. No one wants to look outdated, especially if you’re heading to work with your new bag every day! Updating your appearance is important for some and a handbag can do so much for your look!
- Feel-Good Factor. That feeling of buying something beautiful, new and just for yourself can last you some time. There’s something wonderfully uplifting about treating yourself to something new and you can really give your self-esteem a boost.
Browsing the very many designer bags on the shelf could take some time and when you see the price tag, don’t forget all the reasons you’re buying that bag. You haven’t got any pockets, and you’ve got a wallet, a phone and your keys to carry around as well as all the other secrets women carry in their bags. Invest today and you’ll not regret it tomorrow.
If your family is anything like mine then you know your kids or husband is going to ask you to carry their phones, keys and many other things that you have no idea why they’ve brought it with them!
Kate Spade is one of my favorite designers for great handbags – you can shop the one I am carrying by clicking here