“I’m not beautiful like you, I’m beautiful like me!”
What is something that no matter what, when you see it, you are just drawn to it? If you have no idea what I’m talking about then you may be someone that needs a little help in finding your personal style and there’s nothing wrong with that.
Finding your unique style can sometimes seem a little daunting. How do you know where to start? What is “in” and what is not? What will suit you? Where are the best places to shop? The list goes on and on! Your style can do so much for you…it goes way beyond that first impression, it actually becomes part of your signature. Even if you are not known for your fashion forward thinking, it is still easy to recognize patterns in what you wear and how you present yourself. What if there were a formula to help you overcome some of the hurdles, and just figure out what YOUR personal style is? Here’s the good news, at some point, someone else has had to learn out how to find their personal style, so why not learn from them? I have done a little research myself, talked to some other people and compiled a short list…So if you want to know more about how you can take current trends, styles and adapt them to fit your style personality, read on…!
- Find yourself some inspiration: There has to be someone, somewhere that is wearing things that you like, so why not follow a few bloggers, Pinterest boards, read magazines or even google some different styles. It could also be that some celebrities, friends or colleagues may have similar tastes to you, so check in with them regularly and see what they’ve been wearing. A great way to compile a complete look is to create a board on Pinterest and pin some things that attract your eye. Name it “My Style Inspiration” , and see if you can create a whole look that you can shop for online or just to give you ideas when you go to the mall.
- Save Yourself some Money: I have always liked to shop for bargains & sales so I feel like I am “saving money”, so when I’m looking for fashion trends I shop at stores like Nordstrom Rack or TJ Maxx. I don’t mind spending a little more on staples or things that I know are timeless and will last for a while.
- Clean out your closet: something I do a least every couple of months is clean out some things from my closet that I haven’t worn for a while…that way I make room for some new styles that fit where I am currently in my life and business. If you aren’t sure what you should keep, throw or donate, a great rule of thumb is if you haven’t worn it in at least a year, then chances are you aren’t going to…
- Confidence is Key: No matter what you’re wearing, if you are confident, people are going to recognize that. Confidence doesn’t come in one shape or size, but have you ever not bought something because when you tried it on the size you normally wear didn’t fit you? I know that sounds superficial but we all have an expectation of what we think we look like, the size we are and that can be directly correlated to the amount of confidence we have. I absolutely love it when I meet someone that is a little bigger, but they are rocking their size. Beauty and confidence comes from knowing you are worthy…not your dress size!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help: My kids can solve any problem by watching a Youtube video, we follow recipes to make meals, so why don’t we seek help when we are finding our style? It is not instinctual for everyone to know what is always the best style for them, so why not ask someone who you know will be honest?