“Work hard in silence, let success make the noise!”
There are many, many things that make people successful and they may be different, but there are some that ALL successful people do, and that’s what I want to focus on. I don’t know about you, but I always get my inspiration by watching what other successful people do, and emulating that. Have you heard the expression “success leaves clues”…well, here are some “clues” that will help you.
Firstly, let me start by saying that I am not just talking about financial, educational or business success, but also relationship and life success. There are so many things that I wish I would have known when I was younger, so I want to share some things I know would have really helped me!
Here are my top 5 ideas to help YOU improve your success:
- Do more than is asked of you. This goes for all areas of your life, in a job, in your marriage or relationship or with your kids. It doesn’t mean letting others off the hook so they don’t pull their weight, but it does mean is that you take pride in your abilities and know what you bring to the table. Don’t be taken advantage of, but definitely do more than people expect.
- Know when you stay or when to go! Never stay in any situation Don’t be afraid to change a job or get out of relationship, even if there is opposition. Always trust your intuition!
- Don’t be afraid of failure. The most successful people are not afraid of falling down or failing at something because there are always more failures on the road to success.
- Successful people always take accountability for themselves or their actions. They don’t rely on anyone else to get the job done, but they look for solutions.
- All successful people are adaptable. They can quickly change directions when they meet opposition, and they can reinvent themselves at the drop of a hat.
These are just the tip of iceberg, there are so many other actions and ideas that can help direct you more quickly to your success. I have been looking for reminders to guide me and these are some that I have read before, but needed a reminder. Repetition of these things will definitely guide me in the direction that I want to go, but ultimately any success comes from me making the decision to take some massive action.
I have many books that talk about attracting success and such things, and while I do believe that it is possible to attract all kinds of things to you, it is also true that it still requires action. We still need to do something about it…what good does it do to sit and think that you hate your job or your relationship and then take no action to resolve it. I have been in many situations in my life where I have not been happy, and the first step to changing that is to recognize that you are not happy or satisfied. Once you realize that, the next step to decide to do something about it. You don’t ever see a successful person that is afraid of taking action.
Like I mentioned earlier, success leaves clues and I am watching as many successful people as possible to see how I can learn at least one thing from each of them. Success is something that is open to your interpretation, and what I mean by that is that your perspective about what is successful is different that mine because it’s based on our life experiences. My path of choice is not going to be yours, but that doesn’t mean that either is wrong. One of the traps we can fall into is comparing ourselves to others and that just means we are self-sabotaging or holding ourselves back.
I have a challenge for you this week…find something or somewhere that you would like to improve your success, once you have recognized that thing, find a person that you think has that thing figured out, and watch them or ask questions. The goal is to learn one thing and add that thing into your daily or weekly action list. So that the more you do it, the better you become at it and the sooner it becomes a habit.
This week’s goal…identify the area of your life that you want to achieve success and use some of these tips to get you started on that path. If you feel comfortable sharing, I would love to hear more, just comment below…
Oh and just in case you like what I’m wearing in this post, you can shop the affiliate links below for similar items (these affiliate links don’t cost you any more!)
Success starts with you…so dress for success and start incorporating some habits that will help you achieve the success you deserve 🙂