“Its good to be attractive on the outside, but being smart and confident on the inside is what counts!”
Are you one of those people that when you walk in the room people notice? You don’t have to be the smartest, prettiest or most accomplished, but if you are confident in yourself and carry yourself that way, that is what people will notice and will be drawn to!
Confidence is not something that everyone has, BUT that doesn’t mean you can’t grow confidence…
OK, so you won’t grow it overnight, however, there are some tricks!
I have always been very self assured, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t times when I don’t feel successful or confident. What is the one thing that all confident people have? It is the power to control their thoughts and their mind rather than have their mind or thoughts control them. After all, we all know that whatever we focus on is that we are going to get – whether that is good or bad. You will find that all really confident people believe in themselves and their ability to achieve whatever they set their mind to.
So what do you need to do to be confident? Here are a few traits of confident people…I believe that success leaves clues, so if we want to do or be a certain way, we ought to follow and learn from what others who are successful in that area do.
- Don’t get offended or take things personally. Don’t thrive on drama, focus on things that will help you achieve the goals you have rather than being brought down by situations or other people.
- Take care of yourself – you know why flight attendants on planes tell you to put the oxygen mask on yourself first before anyone else is because if you are not taking care of yourself you are no good to anyone.
- Don’t conform – you don’t need to be who and what someone else thinks you should be. Stand strong and be comfortable in your own skin.
- Be real…if you are insecure or don’t feel great about your body, then own that. You’re not alone, nobody is perfect, no matter what you see on social media. Be yourself and share that YOU with everyone.
- Don’t allow other people’s opinions to determine who you are and how good you are. Their opinion doesn’t change anything, unless you allow them to control how you feel.
If you master some of these points, you will be much happier and ultimately your confidence will bring success.
Wherever you walk, walk with determination, purpose and most importantly just know that you are an amazing human being and nothing anyone can say or do can change that!