- “Never let the things you want make you forget the things you already have!”
Today in the aftermath of the Election yesterday, I wanted to talk about things that I am thankful for. There has been a lot of hate, name calling, people trying to force their opinions on others and just generally a division. I don’t want to talk about who voted for who or what I think of the outcome of this election, but what I do want to talk about is how many things I am thankful for.
- I woke up this morning still married to the same amazing husband that I have.
- I am still the mother of 4 amazing sons.
- I am very fortunate to be successful in my career (even though I am a Woman).
- I live in a beautiful neighborhood surrounded by amazing friends & neighbors.
- I am healthy and happy.
- I get to travel a lot with my family and explore the world.
- I love how I get to spend my time (even though it can be challenging at times).
- I love this Country – moving here from England was still one of the best decisions I ever made.
- I appreciate and love all the friendships that I have.
- No matter what, I still love everyone that doesn’t share the same opinion as me.
These are just a few things I wanted to share with you, but the most important thing to remember is that we all have a right to have our own opinions and that if we choose to share those opinions it is probably best to do it in a way that is sensitive to others. I have experienced life in another country and let me tell you that the US is still one amazing country and that even though the rest of the World is watching, we can still make good impressions because of the choices WE make and how we treat others!
I hope your Wednesday is great and that, no matter who you supported, you will feel empathy for those that do not share your opinions and respect them.
Photograph #1: Midway, Utah – Thanksgiving 2016
Photograph #2: Crouch, Idaho – River Rafting Trip July 2016 (minus Dalton)