“You did not wake up today to be mediocre.”
Ankle boots have been “in” for a while, and I am seeing them coming back just as strong for this Fall season. There are definitely some things you need to consider before you pick out some for yourself…
- If you are wearing them for business, make sure that you pick a pair that is a little more feminine and polished than some of the rugged styles I have seen out there. There are certainly still plenty of choices (click here for a pair similar that would work for business dress).
- If you are wearing looser pants, make sure that they are shorter than the bootie – you want them to fit about 1/2 inch above the boot.
- Wear them with a pencil skirt or mid calf length skirt.
- Tuck in skinny jeans or tight pants.
- Don’t wear them with a really short skirt or mini skirt.
- Don’t wear colored booties with opaque Black tights – it is going to make your legs seem shorter and stumpy.
These are just a few tips you can use to find your perfect pair. The most important thing about booties is that they are fun and can add “spice” to any outfit, so have fun and experiment with some different styles until you find the one that is right for you.
The outfit I am highlighting today has a polished pair of booties, with some business pants, a lightweight sweater and of course my favorite biker jacket. I think the overall look is business appropriate, but definitely different.
Pants: Worthington (JC Penney) Booties: Nine West Sweater: Zara Leather Jacket: Zara