“I’m thankful for my struggle, because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.”
Now that the Fall is in full swing, I have seen some amazing scenery and experienced some great things, so it has given me the opportunity to contemplate what I am thankful for!
Thanksgiving is going to be upon us really quickly, so as you think about what you have in your lives that you are thankful for, I wanted to share you some things that make me really happy and make my life worthwhile:
- The first has to be my amazing family. I am blessed to have a wonderful Husband who goes out of his way to think of me. I also have 4 fantastic sons that have taught me love, understanding, how to not be a “fun sponge” and, of course, patience. Every day is a learning experience and I am grateful that I get to grow this much!
- My parents have always taught me that I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to, and I appreciate that they have always believed in me.
- My brothers, nephews, nieces and in-laws help to teach me that judging is not something I should be doing and that I need to forgive, forget and move on.
- I love that I have been fortunate enough to move over to the US from England, and create an amazing life for myself and my family.
- I am grateful for the amazing friendships that I have already made and those I know I will continue to create, because as humans something that gives us energy is by being around the energy of others. I am very careful about the energy that I surround myself with and know that I have been blessed because of the friendships that I have in my life.
These are just a few things that have blessed my life, there are many, many more…
Growth is sometimes something that is uncomfortable, and I can attest to the fact that I didn’t think patience would ever be something I could take on. I am definitely still not a patient person but I have learned how in some situations patience is necessary and in fact, it is part of the journey…so I embrace it and let it go (at least sometimes :))
I hope your Monday starts off your week in the right way and that you find the joy and blessings that surround you!
Picture 1: Hiking Haleakala with my Boys (smiles were a little more strained by the time we reached the top again)
Picture 2: Outrigger Canoe fun in Maui
Picture 3: New Years Eve 2016 in Mexico