“Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.”
There are so many definitions for success – for some it could mean being happy in whatever it is that you do. For others it is tied to income or status, or even it could mean helping others. Whatever your definition is, there is one thing that is absolutely vital in order to achieve your level of success. You need to surround yourself and associate with people that think the same way as you do, because when you spend a lot of time with people, you start to emulate their characteristics – so pick the ones that show successful attributes rather than anything negative.
Here are some things that I incorporate into my life and business career:
- I have found that the more passionate I am about something the more likely I am to put forth the most amount of effort into making it successful.
- I am not afraid to try new things or take risks – it is sometimes easy to talk yourself out of something because it is not comfortable or scary. You will not always get the results you want, but you certainly won’t grow unless you try new things and take risks.
- I have 100% confidence in myself that I will be successful. If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will believe in you. It doesn’t mean that every time you are going to get the result immediately that you want, but it does mean that sometimes you take a different path and find success in other ways.
- I always make sure that I take care of myself. I have a busy life with a career, kids and volunteer work, but I always make sure that my cup is always at least partly full because if it isn’t, I can’t be there for anyone else.
- Finally, I take my relationships in business and my personal life very seriously – I am extremely grateful for everyone that I have and make myself available as much as possible to ensure that I continue to foster those relationships!
No matter who you are, you can be successful, it really is just a decision.
Starting my day, I take great care to present myself in the best way possible. Mornings are hectic in my house as I am sure they are in yours, so taking the time to present yourself in the best way is something that can be neglected or at least not a priority. I don’t think that I can say this enough – the better you feel about yourself, the better people are going to feel about you. It doesn’t mean that you have to wear a ton of makeup, dress to the nines every day, but it does mean that you need to feel good about however you look. Holding your head high when you walk into a room can change the entire dynamic of a situation…
The outfit highlighted today is something I have for sale in My Shop – it is a great pinstripe dress. It has high side slits – so to make it business appropriate, I wore a little black skirt underneath.
It is hard to tell from a picture, but I love this dress, and I definitely held my head high all day and felt good about myself.
Dress: Stylequeenie (My Shop) Shoes: Ted Baker Shades: NY Watch: Michael Kors