“Dressing is a way of Life.”
Houndstooth is such a classic print, but there are so many different ways to wear it. Today’s skirt is not your traditional pattern because it is Tan rather than the normal Black and White. Even with the traditional Black and White you can find so many different styles of clothes as well as the size of the print. All of them are wonderful and a great traditionally classic way to style your outfit.
I styled my skirt with a Cream satin blouse and then added a pop of my favorite Red for the shoes. I pulled my hair into a chignon because I was feeling like looking polished and sophisticated.
Here are just a few ideas of how you can wear Houndstooth:
- Wear with a jacket or coat, especially we are now in the Fall and layering is a must – it will give you a more trendy, chic look.
- Wear a brightly colored piece to make the outfit a little more feminine and girly.
- Wear it with denim – that could either be wearing a Houndstooth shirt with jeans or wearing a skirt/pants with a denim shirt.
- Wear a soft, feminine blouse (similar to what I wore today), for a more classic look
- Wear a sweater over a button up shirt or blouse – this is going to look more preppy.
- Add some leather – wear a cool Houndstooth shirt and layer it with a leather jacket.
There are just a few ideas of how you can create your own style with Houndstooth – the key is to be open to trying new things, and not just look at the traditional styling of the pattern and thinking that it wouldn’t work for you. The same can be said for most patterns – is almost all situations you can find a way to wear any pattern to make it suit your style by following similar steps to the ones listed above.
Skirt: Worthington (JC Penney) Blouse: H&M Shoes: Sam Edelman Shades: Michael Kors