For anyone who wears lipstick, finding the elusive Red that works best for you can sometimes be a challenge…
Tips for making sure you have the right Red Lipstick
- Make sure that you smile before applying the lip color, this way you stretch out your lips and the lipstick can get into all the creases.
- If you don’t feel like you are very proficient at applying lipstick using a tube, try a brush. This will help you have more control and also apply it in such a way that it will last longer.
- If you typically have dry lips try exfoliating and then apply a lip balm before applying red lipstick, which can accentuate dryness and lines. If your lips are always dry, choose a more emollient formula, like a cream lipstick or tinted balm.
- Lip stains are tricky, so I would steer away from these until you are more confident in your color choice and application.
- Finally, before you walk out the door, stick your pointer finger in your mouth and drag it out slowly to capture any excess pigment so it doesn’t end up on your teeth!
NYX Matte – Pure Red
Nars Velvet Matte – Dragon Girl
Maybelline – Red Revolution
Milani – Best Red
YSL – Le Rouge
Mac – Brave Red
Besame Cosmetics – Red Hot Red
NYX Matte – Perfect Red
Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe – Classic Red
Bobbi Brown – Burnt Red